17 June 2011

Kew Gardens

Last week my sister, hubby and I visited Kew Gardens for the day.  I've planned lots of days out his summer so that I make good use of my days off and don't just end up spending my free time doing the laundry and hoovering!

We got the train Kew Gardens and didn't realise until it was too late that the weather had taken a turn for the worst and we had no rain coats! Whoops!


There's 3 large greenhouses, all with different climates.  They included, the tropics, the desert and temperate environments.








There were lots of sunny intervals during the day so we managed to enjoy most of the outside features too.

The Roman Arches
#
The Japanese pagoda

A replica of a real Japanese Gate

The Rose Gardens

I created a mini album using loo rolls and inserted tags inside each one.  It only took a couple of hours and I really enjoyed making it.


I used my new 'Love Elsie' stamps from the 'Forrest' range which were perfect for this book :)


Th album is a mixture of journalling, photos, maps of the gardens, tickets and embellishments.  A helpful hint if you're thinking of doing an album like this: 3" x 2" photos are the perfect size (although photos on the tag inserts may need a bit of trimming). Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment