25 March 2011

my new scrapbook space

I only have a small area of our bedroom for my scrapbooking space so I had to use it wisely. I got the desk off e-bay for a bargain £21, it's so great as a scrapbook desk because it's got lots of storage :) Also the table isn't very deep so it doesn't impose much into our room.


I bought the CD racks (the towers at either end of the desk) from Argos and my dad helped me assemble them :)  The shelving unit in the middle was from a furniture charity shop for the bargain price of £6! I painted it the same colour as our bedroom wall so it was all nice and uniform.  My hubby then screwed some battoning onto the back of the unit and screwed it into the wall through the backboard.  I had to hold it up there whilst he screwed it in place and my arms were burning and shaking from the weight of it!


It was really fun orgainsing all my stuff onto it.  It looks so pretty and inspiring with all my stash on display! I made a little banner using a Maya Road chipboard coaster album.  I then lined up all my Cosmo Cricket 12x12 chipboard element pages at the back of the desk.  My most prized possesion at the moment is my Love Elsie recipe box then I won off e-bay from a lady in Florida :)


My little lamp was a cast off from my sister and it co-ordinates perfectly but this area of the room is flooded with light all afternoon which is lovely.  Anyway just wanted to show how much could be done with a small amount of space.  I've been looking at you-tube videos of women in America that have entire rooms devoted to their hobby and have floor to ceiling storage for their thousands of stamps and posh gizzmos and gadgets and machines. Don't know where they find the time to use it all! Not that i'm jealous in any way!

1 comment:

  1. I say! What a jolly good handy-man you must have!

    ReplyDelete